Sunday, February 4, 2018

Dusseldorf, 20 Dec.

 I arrived at the train station late morning, around 11. It was a 20 minute walk to the hostel. I checked in, dropped my bag in the luggage room and fixed the Glass Museum on my navigator. It was raining and the museum a 45-minute walk but to me that is easier than figuring transit. I took few pictures on the way there to avoid delay - I had glass to see dammit. When I left the glass palace there was an hour of daylight left so really this whole paragraph is just setting you up to see some crap photos of some beautiful things I saw in bad light and me with a decent photo editor and crap vision.
All that adds up to something I suppose.

At night I walked through the crowds, tryin to find Christmas.

Found a ferris wheel 😊
















Neon benches. All was missing was eighties music.



These are cookie cutters. I looked for a cookie cutter cookie cutter. There had to be one.














Look closely. Look up.


I'm sure I've formed a picture of this very train station while reading a story, somewhere, some time.


Let me explain. In the daytime, I asked what in hell a trpoical oasis was doing in the middle of busy, gray, urban, functional D'Dorf. Then at night, despite the crap photo, I understood. Or, at least I made up my own reason
"Because"






No comments:

Post a Comment